Wednesday 4 May 2011

Mistakes are ok!

I used to kick myself, mentally, every time I made even a little mistake - it felt like the end of the world.  But really, if you never make a mistake in life then do you ever really learn anything?  Now that I've got a bit more perspective on things, I've come to realise that mistakes are a necessary part of life and we should embrace them.



I truly believe that it's impossible to go through life without making any mistakes.  They can be small errors or monumental f***-ups - but no matter what, you will always learn something from the experience.  And it's likely you're not the only one.  Everybody has made the wrong decision at work, said the wrong thing, picked the wrong partner, made errors in judgement - but each time it happens, you gain that extra experience and get a better idea of what not to do/say etc.

The important thing to remember is - don't beat yourself up over it.  Because everybody makes mistakes - and anyone who denies that is outright lying!

No comments:

Post a Comment